September 9, 2019
September 9: Pumpkin Hollow Progress And Construction Update
We’re in the final stages of what has been a very productive summer for us here at Nevada Copper and I’d like to share another construction update with you. Plenty of great progress above and below ground, as well as some fantastic photos of the constantly evolving site. Again, we remain on track to enter production in Q4 of this year.
East Main Shaft
- Total Lateral development to date has now advanced 7,500 feet on both levels.
- The Alimak has advanced vertically 230 feet toward its final height of 306 feet.
- Several mining fronts continue to make progress and they are: 3000 central ramp , 2900 geotechnical stope access and the connecting ramp between the 2770 and 2850 levels.
- The 2770 geotechnical stope access has been completed and definition drilling is almost complete.
- The ventilation raise between the 2770 and 2850 levels has been completed.
- The paste borehole has been cased down 1,000 feet and drilling continues beyond this.
Up next: Finish driving the Alimak to a final height of 306 feet. drive the 2900 level ramp to intersect the paste borehole and cement slick line, drive the 3000 central ramp and drive the connecting ramp between the 2770 and 2850 levels.
East-North Vent Shaft
The EN Vent has advanced over 1115 feet with 685 feet left to finish. The vertical drain hole has been completed from the bottom of the ENVS shaft up approximately 670 feet to allow continuous draining of any water gathering in the blind sink from the surface.
Up next: Continue sinking the shaft until we intersect the Alimak raise.
The surface infrastructure and processing equipment continues to advance to plan:
- Sag and Ball mill liners have been installed and completed.
- Concentrate thickener is complete.
- Tailings thickener is almost complete.
- Concentrate filter press is installed.
- Coarse ore feed conveyor has been installed.
- Pipework installation continues on schedule.
- Electrical and instrumentation continues on schedule.
- 120 KV power pole installation along 4-mile corridor is 90% complete.
Up next: Continued, very strong progress for the process plant. The following upcoming work includes:
- Complete tailings thickener installation.
- Continue pulling electrical cables to all electrical houses.
- Commission feeder hopper and conveyor.
- Finish pipework installation.
- Finish 120 kV power pole installation along 4-mile corridor from future switch yard to the site.
- Continue Administration and change house building erection.
(Air receiver foundations underway. Concrete suspended decks for concentrate and tailings filter access in place)
(End bay roofline in place showing final building profile. Lime silo and reagents area continuing)
(Legs ready for E House and bunding for transformer placement. Stacker king pin also being completed)
(Tailings thickener gasket installation continuing. Bridge installed, nozzles and pipework to tank continuing)
Please get in touch with any questions and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest news releases and updates as they are released.
David Swisher, SVP of Operations